- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, or Justice Studies with focus on clinical counseling.
- Two years of fulltime direct practice experience in working with criminal justice/substance-abuse/mental health population. One year of direct treatment counseling preferred.
- Licensure (e.g., LAC, LPC, LASAC, LISAC, LMSW, LCSW, LMFT).
- Knowledge of substance abuse and mental health counseling theory and techniques.
- Ability to effectively use DSM V terminology and full Axis I -V diagnosis.
- Must be able to work evenings. Schedule is Monday through Friday.
- Must be able to demonstrate good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to a variety of treatment and criminal justice professionals, in order to effectively coordinate the client’s care.
- Must be able to competently demonstrate individual, family and group therapeutic skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate competent assessment skills.
- Must be able to integrate knowledge of substance abuse and mental health treatment into effective therapeutic practice on both an individual and group basis.
- Must be able to utilize a variety of theoretical and treatment techniques in providing counseling and treatment to substance involved individuals including those involved in the justice system.
- Must be able to perform a variety of case management tasks and duties within the framework of stated TASC programs and agency policy and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively with diverse populations with co-occurring diagnoses.
- Must pass criminal background check and must pass urinalysis drug screen.
- Must be able to obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be authorized to work for any U.S. employer.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Must be able to give and receive verbal and written instructions.
- Must possess the ability to utilize visual and auditory senses to complete all job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in a typical office and healthcare environment.
TASC offers a comprehensive benefits package for part-time employees which includes:
TASC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: TASC, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications; without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by law.