Bachelor’s Degree in business, health administration, public administration, or equivalent required; MBA, MHA, MPH or other equivalent degree preferred
- Seven (7) years of experience required
- Excellence in market strategy, stakeholder engagement, and contract management
- Experience working with state Medicaid/Medicare agencies, third party administrators, and MCOs
- Basic knowledge of criminal justice systems
- Basic knowledge of substance abuse, evidence-based practices and treatment modalities
- High standard of attention to detail
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize work
- Experience working for a non-profit organization preferred
- Must pass urinalysis screening and criminal background check
- Must be able to obtain a Level 1 fingerprint clearance card
- Must be eligible to work for any employer in the U.S.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Must be able to give and receive verbal and written instructions.
- Must possess the ability to utilize visual and auditory senses to complete all job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in a typical office and healthcare environment.
- State and Regional travel expected.
TASC offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes:
- Basic and Voluntary Life
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- 401k Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Competencies and Proficiencies for Insurance and Business Development Manager
- Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of channels and methods to individuals or groups, takes responsibility for understanding others, and invites response and feedback. Tailors communication style according to the audience and keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills.
- Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people; respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds, understands diverse worldviews, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
- Teamwork: Participates as an active and contributing member of the team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments.
- Ethics: Acts and understands importance of adherence to laws, regulations and policies that governs one’s work and/or geographical area, demonstrates good moral character by conveying care for others, being honest, fair and acting with integrity, follows the ethic codes of one’s profession and the organization, conveys importance of improving lives and the community and behaves in a manner that is respectful, positive and avoids doing harm.
Analytical: Considers information from the broadest possible perspective including internal and external stakeholders, looks to solutions that address the needs of all affected parties, and recognizes the relationships complexities and implications with planning a course of action.
Business Development Velocity: Strategically pursues business opportunities related to his/her role; ensures those opportunities manifest at a rate to realize fiscal benefit; activity of pursuing strategic opportunities for a particular business or organization, for example by cultivating partnerships or other commercial relationships, or identifying new markets for its products or services.
- Expert level knowledge of CMS rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Expert knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare Managed Care Programs across several states
- Expert level knowledge of public and private health insurance; market analysis, contracting and funding
- Expert level knowledge of provider network payment structures
- Expert level knowledge of provider network contracting and credentialing best practices
TASC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: TASC, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications; without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by law.